Terms & Conditions
The www.plimsoll.co.uk website (“the Website”) is hosted by Flint Studios Ltd, Unit 6a Ravenhill Business Park, Belfast, BT6 8AW on behalf of Plimsoll Publishing Ltd, which is a limited company registered in England & Wales and whose registered office and trading address is Scotswood House, Thornaby Place, Stockton on Tees, TS17 6SB (“Plimsoll”, “us” or “we”).
Plimsoll's details are as follows:
Company number: 2102017
VAT number: GB 441571072
Telephone: 00 44 1642 626 400
Fax: 00 44 1642 626 410
E- mail: email@example.com
Your use of the Website is subject to the following Terms & Conditions, which you are deemed to accept by using the Website.
Please note that the Plimsoll Standard Terms & Conditions of Purchase (available here) shall apply to the purchase and use of Plimsoll reports made through the Website.
Copyright and Trade Marks
As a visitor to the Website, you may download a single copy of the material on the Website on a single computer for your own private viewing purposes only and print a single copy of the same for the sole purpose of retaining a copy for your own personal records only.
Nothing in these Terms & Conditions shall be construed as conferring any wider licence to use or reproduce any material included on the Website and you understand and agree that the copyright and all other rights in the material on the Website are owned by Plimsoll or are included with the permission of the owner of the rights. Copying or distribution of material on the Website for any commercial or business purpose and photography, filming, broadcast, alteration or modification of the pages of the Website (for any purpose) is strictly prohibited.
No use of “PLIMSOLL”, “PLIMSOLL PUBLISHING” or the logos and/or other trade marks of Plimsoll (whether registered or unregistered) may be made by you without the explicit written consent of Plimsoll.
You agree not to use the Website:
- to create a database (electronic or otherwise) that includes material downloaded or otherwise obtained from the Website except where expressly permitted on the Website;
- to disseminate advertisements or for any other commercial purposes (which would include using the Website to promote or encourage the sale of your goods/services);
- to transmit or re-circulate any material obtained from the Website to any third party except where expressly permitted on the Website;
- in such a way so as to remove the copyright or trade mark notice(s) from any copies of any material made in accordance with these Terms & Conditions;
- to disseminate any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes", or any other form of solicitation;
- to disseminate any material which is abusive, defamatory or obscene, may harass, offend or inconvenience any person, applauds, encourages or entices abuse, discrimination or criminal activity or which might restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the Website by any person;
- to disseminate any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- in any way that might infringe third party privacy or other rights, is unlawful or that might bring Plimsoll into disrepute; or
- to post link(s) that take users to material that contravenes any of the above restrictions.
Information and availability
Whilst Plimsoll takes every care to ensure that the information on the Website is accurate and complete, some of it may be supplied by third parties and we are unable to check its accuracy or completeness. You are advised to verify the accuracy of any information before relying on it. Further, due to the inherent nature of the Internet, errors, interruptions and delays may occur in the service at any time. Accordingly, the Website is provided on an "AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE" basis without any warranties of any kind and we do not accept any liability arising from any inaccuracy or omission in the information or interruption in availability. We reserve the right to change, modify, substitute or remove without notice any information on the Website from time to time.
The Website contains general information and, although we endeavour to ensure that the content is accurate and up to date, users should seek appropriate professional advice before taking or refraining from taking any action. The contents of the Website should not be construed as professional advice and we disclaim to the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws any liability in relation to its use. The information on the Website does not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of Plimsoll.
Linking to our Website
We welcome 'hot links' to the Home Page of our Website, but not 'deep linking' by which we mean that you may not include a link to any page of our Website that is not the Home Page. Neither may you display the contents of our Website (or any page from it) or allow it to be displayed surrounded or framed or otherwise surrounded by material not originating from us without our consent. If you would like to license our material, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to other Websites
On the Website you may be offered automatic links to other Websites. Whilst we hope you will be interested in those websites, you acknowledge that the content on those pages is not subject to Plimsoll’s control, their owners may be independent from us and we do not endorse or accept any responsibility for their content.
User generated content
Any discussion forums or pages of the Website where you are capable of posting material are provided for your private and non-commercial use and for the exchange of lawful, relevant, fair and appropriate information, opinions and comment. Use of the Website that is inconsistent with those stated purposes is strictly prohibited.
In relation to this material, you acknowledge and agree:-
- That Plimsoll accepts no responsibility for any statements, material or other submissions placed on our online forums by you or any third party, or for any loss or damage resulting from your breach of the restrictions set out in these Terms & Conditions.
- To indemnify Plimsoll, its associates, representatives and employees from any and all claims and liabilities (including legal fees) which arise from your statements, contributions or other submissions to our online forums, from any unauthorised use of material obtained from our online forums or otherwise from your breach of the restrictions set out in these Terms & Conditions.
- All rights in any material submitted to the Website shall become the sole property of Plimsoll and that we shall have the right to use that content in perpetuity, throughout the world, in all known and discovered mediums and for all purposes and we shall have the right to make it available to the public on the Website and otherwise. We may require you to confirm the rights granted in this paragraph and where requested to do so you shall provide all reasonable assistance to us.
- We will not view or edit or pre-screen any contribution that you or anyone else make to the forums or to the Website generally and therefore, unless we are specifically notified of the nature of any item of content, you cannot assume that we are responsible for having made it available on the Website. We, and others that we designate, shall have the right (but not the obligation) at our sole discretion to refuse or remove any material that is posted to, or available on, the forums or the Website without the need to give any reasons for doing so.
If you object to the publication of any material placed on our online forums (or anywhere else on the Website) please let us know by calling 01642 626400 or by sending an appropriately worded email to email@example.com and we will take whatever action we deem appropriate.
Plimsoll will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website does not contain or promulgate any viruses or other malicious code. However, it is recommended that you should virus check all materials downloaded from the Website and regularly check for the presence of viruses and other malicious code. Plimsoll excludes to the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws all liability in connection with any damage or loss caused by computer viruses or other malicious code originating or contracted from the Website.
On certain parts of the Website we may require you to register and provide certain information about yourself and where you do this you agree to: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the relevant registration form (such information being the "Registration Data") and (b) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data (by sending an appropriately worded email to firstname.lastname@example.org) to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.
Submission of Information/Data
Your username and password
Where you are invited to register on the Website, you will be allocated with a unique username and/or password that gives you access to your Website account. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your username and password, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur through your Website account. You agree to (a) immediately notify Plimsoll if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your password or Website account or any other breach of security by sending an appropriately worded email to email@example.com, and (b) ensure that you exit from your Website account at the end of each session. We cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with these requirements.
In the event that any term of these Terms & Conditions is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of these Terms & Conditions shall remain valid and enforceable.
Variation of these Terms & Conditions
These Terms & Conditions were last updated on 26 May 2016. Plimsoll reserves the right to vary these Terms & Conditions from time to time. Such variations become effective immediately upon the posting of the varied Terms & Conditions on the Website. By continuing to use the Website you will be deemed to accept such variations.
If, for any reason, Plimsoll believes that you have not complied with any of these Terms & Conditions, Plimsoll may, at its sole discretion, cancel your access to the registration areas of the Website immediately and without giving you any advance notice.
Further, Plimsoll reserves absolutely the right to withdraw or suspend the Website where it deems this to be necessary without notice and will not be liable to you for such unavailability.
Nothing in these Terms & Conditions shall restrict or exclude any liability that we have to any party which cannot be excluded by law and in particular, and notwithstanding any term of these Terms & Conditions, our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence shall not be limited or excluded in any way.
These Terms & Conditions shall be governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction.